National Fire Protection Association’s National Fire Prevention Week
Help us celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the NFPA's National Fire Prevention Week! This year, Fire Prevention Week falls on Oct. 9 - 15. The goal of National Fire Prevention Week is to raise fire safety awareness and help ensure your home and family is protected. In 1922, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) named the second week of October National Fire Prevention Week in commemoration of the 1871 Great Chicago Fire. Today, we celebrate National Fire Prevention Week and Month by raising fire safety awareness and educating families, students and communities across the United States
The NFPA's 2022 campaign for Fire Safety Month is "Fire Won't Wait, Plan Your Escape." At ProTech Security we are proud to support their mission & this year's theme.
DID YOU KNOW?
1. 3 of every 5 home fire deaths resulted from fires with no working smoke alarms
2. Less than 50% of homeowners have a fire escape plan
3. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the #1 cause of accidental poisoning in the US
4. Only 47% of people report having CO alarms in their home
5. Unattended cooking is the #1 cause of home fires
HELP PROTECT YOUR WHOLE HOME:
- It is extremely important for everyone to plan and practice a home escape plan. Everyone should be prepared in advance so you know exactly what to do if your smoke alarms sound. Since every home is different, every escape plan will be different!
Here is how you can do it:
1. Draw a map of your home. Be sure to show all doors & windows
2. Visit each room and find 2 ways out
3. All windows & doors should open easily to be used to get outside
4. Pick a meeting place outside.
5. Talk about the plan with everyone in your house & PRACTICE!
6. Make sure everyone in your home can dial 911